Tuesday 6 April 2010

We're not at home to Mr. Cock up!

Or so goes the quote from Blackadder....

Whilst I may not be permenantly at home to Mr. Cock up, he does seem to take up temporary residence at our house prior to exhbitions! This evening the layout was being turned around so that I could work on the fiddle yard. Whilst turning it round one end gave way and the layout collapsed, ripping off the lighting pelmet!

So, I've now got to refix the pelmet before Narrow Gauge South this weekend, as well as finishing off some stock. Fortunately, I have a 'cunning plan' to fix it and improve things slightly from before.

If anyone comes along to Narrow Gauge South that reads this make sure to come and say hello!

3 comments:

Jam said...

That's the last thing you need! Hope you get it repaired in time for NG South. This is one layout I've really wanted the opportunity to see 'in the flesh'. I'll certainly make myself known and I'll probably spend a good while looking at your layout (Don't worry, that's natural!) Look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Jam

Zabdiel said...

I'm glad the damage wasn't worse! I'll be there and am looking forward to finally seeing the layout.

Tom said...

Jam,

It is the last thing I need, I was looking forward to not rushing before an exhibition for once, but hey ho!

I hope the layout lives up to your expectations on Saturday.

John,

The damage isn't that bad really, just a royal pain in the arse! I think I'll have the pelmet sorted in the next couple of days.
It will be good to finally meet you at the weekend.