Saturday 17 April 2010

Rebranding

Regular visitors should be able to note the change of header on this blog to now say 'Isle of Skye Railway', this is to reflect the change from modelling a completely fictitious setting, to an actual proposed line on the Isle of Skye.

In time I expect I will create a dedicated website, but for now I'll keep the blog going and add a link to the new site when it's done.

All my modelling bits and bobs are up in the loft now and things are beginning to take shape. Half of the space required is cleared, but there is still some more work to do. I'd like to get this sorted during the summer so that I can enjoy the sun cutting up baseboard materials in the sunshine in the garden.

I must try and get to the National Archives at Kew to see the actual plan and survey results of the Hebridean Light Railway Proposal soon too.

2 comments:

Anonymouse said...

Tom,
is'nt it possible to get this on line? I did try but came up against a seeming brick wall. Is this info just not available on line and has to be physically accessed? I have an interest in the various Skye NG lines and would have liked to have seen the proposed plans. Maybe when I do the Greenwich effort one year!
Kevan

Tom said...

Hi Kevan,

It is possilbe to get something digitally in the post, but I got a quote for that in excess of £600! So I'll be making a trip to the archives to see it all there instead.

I'll be adding a 'real' and 'fictitious' history to the new site when that's up and running.

Tom.