Wednesday 14 April 2010

New Toy!

Well, Narrow Gauge South went better than I was expecting it to after the recent tribulations!

Dunbracken began the day being a little tempremental after the alterations to the fiddle yard. The end of the cassette mount had risen up somehow and was causing stock to derail. This was fixed with some abuse with a needle file to flatten off the track to the required level. Apologies if you witnessed the ensuing mock earthquake whilst I was doing this!

The 009 Society Sales stand is always worth a visit, and on this occasion I got to buy something that I've been looking for for a while. The last time I saw one it was on the sales stand but I decided not to go for it and have regretted it ever since. However I was fortunate enough to get it this time.

The item I am talking about is an N gauge MicroAce 0-6-6-0 mallet. Most mallets that I've seen before are tank locos, so the tender version is going to be huge!



This runs really well and watching two sets of valve gear go round is great. After some discussion on NGRM online I have pretty much decided to build a mini Burma Railways Mallet body on it.

I'm tempted to get this working fairly soon, it will be rather large to use on Dunbracken but it'll be good fun to build the body for it as it's like nothing I've tried before.

No comments: