Friday 3 September 2010

Quick catch up

Just a quick post to say that I'm off to Kew to go and examine the plans for the proposed line on Skye tomorrow.

I've also found some more details on the proposals and have used these to compile a history for the new layout. This is currently running at 12 a4 pages long! It's been helpful to establish some ground rules though, before starting on the new layout.

Last week I drew out the two straight boards (half of the goods yard and the station) on lining paper and the plan fits in nicely. If I make the boards 50mm shorter then I can get them to fit widthways across the boot of my VW Golf. This is quite surprising, but also an added bonus, if i can fit it in the car then transport costs to shows are going to be considerably lower so it's likely to get more invites. I'll now design it with this in mind. I just assumed that it was going to be in van hire territory so hadn't given the car any thought until now.

Dunbracken has an invite to the Smalspoormuseum at Valkenburg in the Netherlands on the 1th and 12th September, i'm really looking forward to this show as it's my first trip to Holland for 13 years, my first show abroad, and I get to see Ted Polet's Dunalastair which doesn't normally make it over to the UK due to it's more cumbersome nature than Rae Bridge... Exciting!

Next week i'll post an update on what I uncovered at Kew.

No comments: