Sunday 21 March 2010

Armadale Trackplan

Here's the definitive plan for Armadle, I've taken the old plan for Port na Cailliche and flipped it over with some other minor alterations. This has interpolated quite well to the landscape of Armadale and could easily represent how the village might have developed had the railway arrived.

There's a link to a larger image at the end of this post. Any larger and it doesn't all appear on my blog without cutting off the right hand end!

There are only two times where I've had to apply modeller's license:

1 - The Plockton-esque frontage remains as this would locate the centre of the town near the station, this would mean a slight movement of the road towards the sea.

2 - The headland at the right hand end of the plan, this does exist in real life near this location, but in real life would be slightly further to the left. This area has been foreshortened to create a visual barrier to mask stock exiting to/entering from the fiddle yard.

Here is a link to the original image on Flickr which has notes on it. These indicate what is what on the plan and show the inspiration behind the buildings/objects on the layout.

2 comments:

Jam said...

That looks as though it is going to be yet another brilliant layout! I can't think of anything that needs improvement. I certainly has a flowing feel to it that I absolutely love.
Good luck with the project!

Tom said...

Thanks Jam, I just need to get the loft cleared and organised now and then I'm in business... Unfortunately it's a bit of a tip at the moment hence why I've been putting it off so much!