Sunday 22 August 2010

Building Momentum

In my last post I mentioned that I was finding my enthusiasm for modelling rather lacking at the moment, and that this time of year my mind is normally on other hobbies.

Well, I attended a nice little 'do' at the weekend which was privately organised and only open to friends of friends who had received an invite. There were some really nice layouts there and I think most seemed to have a good day, me especially. It was nice to see some layouts that I've heard about or seen photographs of but never seen in real life, and a good opportunity to catch up with some friends.

I received two invites for Dunbracken for 2011, one to Arundel, and a potential one to Crawley.

I've also finally managed to sort out a date to go and look at the Hebridean Light Railway Proposal drawings in Kew in early september. I will report back on this in due course.

Recently I've been working on setting up the new website/blog that I referred to in a recent blog post, and I've been looking at the trackplan for Armadale and trying to work out where/how to fit in a turntable and avoid reverse curves.

A recent pleasant surprise was that I was awared a B&Q voucher for £75 at work recently for my performance, so that's the initial plywood budget for Armadale sorted out!

All of the above has resulted in a considerable raise in levels of enthusiasm, and I'm now getting really excited about the project again. We've recently had a big sort out at home and organised a lot of our possessions, we did this in a relatively short time so i'm hoping to continue these efforts in finishing the loft clearance off very soon.

No comments: